Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 88-91 phazer(not sure what year) is havin some issues...(1)..I was told it has a aftermarket clutch, not sure what type but it ingages at 4000 rpm then shifts right to second..is this normal? (2) when going to stop it kills..feels like the clutch is sticking or ?? I really don't know what it is...(3) what is the easiet way to adjust carbs? it gets really boggy at times and looses all power..any answers will be helpfull! thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
are you talking about your primary clutch or secondary? and as far as what do you want to do with your carbs air fuel jet idle ?

·
Registered
519 Posts
well i have never heard of any aftermarket clutch act like that nor any regular one unless it has either bad weights or a improper spring or a combination of the 2. asfor the adjusting of the carbs on the phazers the only way to adjust the air fuel mixture is a single jet on the very top of the carbs allmost directly under the "boost" bottle the manuel calls for something like 1 1/2 turns out something around there. hope this helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
post a picture of your phazer and i will tell you the exact year of it.also check your teflon shims in your secondary clutch. if ones missing it could make your clutch shift wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found out that my sled ia a 89. also the cluych problem i was havin was because on the primary a washer was missing.there was almost a half inch of slop. got it all fixed up now and it idles like a champ and ingages correctly now.. only problem left is it that it still boggs at times..wide open its good and at idle..then intermitely in between..the carbs had been went threw by a YAMAHA guy and says nadda is wrong..any answers?

·
Registered
519 Posts
one quick way to figure out if it is a lack of fuel issue with the bog is when u are riding and get it to bog quickly flip the choke on a little and if that helps then you know its from lack of fuel, if it just makes it worse than its either spark, or air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts