Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal.

My father was having this problem two years ago. The sled has plenty of power on the flats, but on long hills it starts to bog. After it warms up, the throttle is very non-responsive. After the season, he takes it in to get serviced and they tell him it was only the belt and replaced it. They serviced the carbs while it was is as well.

So last season comes and goes...and the sled never gets used due to lack of snow.

Now, this season, the sled is doing the same thing. Runs great on the flats, and when cold. Sled warms up and it boggs terrible on hills.

What could still be the problem? Carbs still need/cleaning adjusting? What can I do to isolate this problem?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well, I'd start with the carbs. Did you put staybil in the fuel when you stored it? Either way, I'd pull the carbs and all the jets inside....clean them all real well, and make sure all the passageways in the carbs are clean. Make sure the idles, throttle cables, and chokes are properly adjusted. Change fuel filter, and oil filter. Make sure pump is operating correctly....getting enough fuel to carbs.

Then move on to the clutches. Primary may need to be rebuilt if it has worn rollers, bushings, arms, etc. Secondary may need to be cleaned, buttons replaced. Make sure both clutches are in alignment.

·
Registered
975 Posts
This may sound dumb but my 89 Indy 400 does the same thing (sorta). Bogs after a bit sometimes but the problem with the 400 is that the bottom end loads up with fuel. Have to use a (10mm) wrench to loosen the 2 plugs at the bottom front sometimes and drain the fuel and then no prob. Is yours loading up in the bottom also. I don't know just a guess[:0](Couldn't hurt to check) Let us know, Mark

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I will check the secondary spring this weekend.

Oh...whats the best way to check it?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts