Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REPLACED FUEL PUMP ON 89 650 INDY,WAS A BEAR TO GET TO BOLTS,SO I JUST RELOCATED PUMP,ON OLD PUMP THE PAULSE LINE WENT TO THE BACK OF THE PUMP,THE NEW ONE DONT HAVE CONNECTION ON BACK,SO I HOOKED IT TO THE FITTING ON THE CENTER OF THE TOP.PULL & PULL BUT NO FUEL,COULD I HAVE SOMETHING CROSSED OR OTHER PROBLEMS? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
this sled isnt a vintage, id post it in the general section and ask a mod to delete this one, youll get more replys in the general sled section

·
Registered
520 Posts
You need 1 line for fuel in / 3 lines for fuel out to each carb / and you need a pulse line . Total there should be 5 connections. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SORRY GUYS, GOT NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE ELSE, THOUGHT MAYBE THE OLDSLEDS COULD HELP ME OUT, THE NEWER PUMP DOES NOT HAVE A OUTLET ON THE BACK AND THATS WHERE THE PAULSE LINE WAS ON THE OTHER PUMP,I HOOKED IT TO THE RAISED CENTER OUTLET AND I'AM STILL NOT GETTING FUEL AND ALL THE LINES ARE NEW AND CLEAR ALL YHE WAY BACK TO INSIDE THE TANK,THE KIDS LIKE THIS ONE BECAUSE IT HAS HAND WARMERS, THEY MAY HAVE TO RIDE MY SST KAW OR TXL 340. BEAR WITH ME GUYS, WE DONT GET MUCH SNOW HERE IN NORTHERN OHIO LATELY AND THESE KIDS ARE GOING NUTS ON ME WHENEVER THEY SEE A FLAKE OUTSIDE, THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Dave,
The fuel pump should have arrows for the direction of the fuel flow. The one without the arrows should be your pulse line. If there's no fuel flow check to see if there's a fuel shut off switch on the line before the fuel pump. I've had my closed before and boy did I feel stupid. You may also want to make sure the vent on the fuel tank is clear. One last thing is to make sure the impulse line is not clogged or is leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts