Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89' Phazer. It's always gone like a raped ape until one day end of last year. It just started bogging real bad almost like it was choked. If I take the airbox off it goes great. I've tried running it lean, thinking it was getting too much fuel and not enough air but it didn't make any difference. I tried running it rich, I tried removing the exhaust, tried new spark plugs, tried cleaning the carbs, cleaned out the airbox, cleaned out the read valves. None of this made any difference. I'm stumped! Any ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm not sure. Buy what good will come from taking the pipe off? The motor won't rev. Heve you checked for a looose main jet in the carb? That would let more fuel by than normal. Thats happened to me on my liquifire.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Check to make sure the enricheners (Choke needles) aren't stuck on (open) in the carbs. Sometimes it gets jammed, loads the sled up with fuel. Even on one carb, it will make the sled run rich and bog all the time, common problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try disconnecting the yellow wire from the stator. This runs the headlights. I have two phazers doing pretty much the same thing, still trying to figure it out. Disconnecting the yellow wire makes one run like a new sled. Not sure if its the stator or wiring.But this is an easy test to see if its electrical.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Originally posted by ratdog49640
[br]Try disconnecting the yellow wire from the stator. This runs the headlights. I have two phazers doing pretty much the same thing, still trying to figure it out. Disconnecting the yellow wire makes one run like a new sled. Not sure if its the stator or wiring.But this is an easy test to see if its electrical.
Run a ground wire from the engine to the frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
chk the fuel pump i have a 89 exciter 570 and it did the same thing and it was the fuel pump the diapham inside was split letting fuel into the bottom of the crankcase.I bought a new one for about 35.00 runs great now

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Originally posted by chadley21
[br]chk the fuel pump i have a 89 exciter 570 and it did the same thing and it was the fuel pump the diapham inside was split letting fuel into the bottom of the crankcase.I bought a new one for about 35.00 runs great now
if this was the case, one way to check would be to see if the crank case is loaded up with gas, when you first start it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.