Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1989 Polaris trail deluxe bogs down when it is under load. Can only go half throddle.

The engine has been redon and new rings put in but a licenced person not me!

A few friends have told me that maybe its the fuel pump and this its either going or just needs a good cleaning. The carbs have already been cleaned and set properly.

Any thoughts????

sparky

· Registered
54 Posts
well i am no expert but what i would do in this situation is get it to bog as much as you can.at wide open throttle then hit the kill switch and keep it at w.o.t till it comes to a stop. pull the plugs and look at them, they should be brownish tan. your main jet might be too rich. i had a simalar problem with an 1989 indy 650 would bog and foul plugs past half throttle or about 7000 rpms, carbs were too rich. had another problem just like this on a 1990 indy 650 that sat for 9 or 10 years, the fuel pickup in the gas tank had cracked halfway down the line in the tank. at 1\2 tank or bellow it would bog at wide open throttle. wasnt getting enuff fuel. I thought it was fouling plugs but later realised when i got stranded from running out of gas. i still had just under 1\2 a tank but it wouldnt pick it up. hope all this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.