Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 yamaha exciter i was just wondering what the largest lug size you can fit on theses cause it dont look like there is much room around the jack shaft and drive wheels to fit much bigger

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, looking at what nightmanx1 said, I'd have to say 1.25" or less. I had to go to 8 tooth drivers to put a 1.5". It hit my front heat exchanger with the 9 tooth drive. My kid has a 1.00" and 9 tooth drivers on his. No problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks guys for the input that really helps me alot.How much did you guys spend on driver are they exspensive

·
Registered
189 Posts
MAKE sure you know the drive shaft diamiter. If I end up swaping out my track this year I am going to drop down to a 7 tooth and change the axle out, I will use a Phazer axle since it is 1" and is bigger than the Exciter one that is in my sled now. 8 tooth will gain you 7/16" more clearence and the 7 tooth will give you 7/8". My new track is 136x15x2.25, I am going to have to shave the track 1/4" and I am going to drill the 1.25 holes in it, but that gives me a reason to drink beer and fire up the smoker. Also might take out the fwd heat exchanger, tunell and the rear one and put a big U heat exchanger in place of them all. Then I can stick with the 8 tooth.[:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts