Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
obtained an old INDY 500 from a buddy. The sled has seen better days but it starts on the first pull so I am going to fix it up a little.

The choke cable and lever are in bad shape. I was going to order one from Royal distributing (aftermarket) but they show two universal cable that fit many sleds. One is 28" long, 23" short with 90 degree ends and the other is 24.5" long with straight ends. Can anyone help me out with the right one?
The one on there now has straight ends and the lengths are similar to the cable I describe above with the 90 deg. ends. Not sure what to do.

Also looking for carburetor specs, air screw adjustment (no. of turns out) slide height initial set up, idle screw adjustment, choke adjustment, and all the little hoses that attach to the carbs (not fuel lines though) are just hanging there. I am not sure where they are supposed to terminate.

I am asking alot but thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would go to poo dealer to get the chooke cable becasue than u know it will be the right one,, why would u need a after market choke cable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer choke cables are pricy. After market ones are under $20. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on the sled.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Air screw is 1.0 turns out from a lightly seated position. Turn idle screw in for increased idle, turn out to lower. Idle should be at 1,900 RPMs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts