Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that i am going to buy a leftover switchback, for regular rides this winter. trying to decide between a 06 900 or FST.

does anyone on here have a FST???
haven't really heard much about them.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have heard the fst's can hold there own. not to shabby for a 750 4-stroker. but ya I haven't heard anything on reliability or anything. but if your getting a leftover you should have a 3 year warranty so either sled would be good. I can only vouch for the 900, and I love it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the 900 seemed really nice, i'll prolly end up with it. the vibration is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. besides its blue [:)]
i'm thinking a leftover becuase its a whole lot cheaper than the 9999.99 MSRP
and i would get a 2 yr warranty.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
push for the 3 year warranty. you might be able to get it. I have heard lots of dealers giving out the 3 year just to get rid of the sled.

Vibration what vibration. lol if thats the first sled you get on this year you wont even notice it.

if you get that then you will be just like me. 900 polaris as a primary sled and an ultra as a backup. lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
That sounds like a good deal thats what we did last year was the 05 left overs and we ended up getting a better deal, just keep workin em cause its more then likely they want to get rid of that sled. go for the 900 from personal experience!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've only heard stories about these machines. The 900 was supossed to rattle apart from engine vibration. A guy I know bought the FST and had nuthing but problems with it tho. He had the reverse pooch out on him and he had to have the motor completely taken apart and put back together for some stupid reason (temparature dealie i can't remember what exactly). But once again warranty is a beautiful thing!

·
Registered
358 Posts
we had the 900 ...it was an awesome sled not gonna lie....the vibration wasnt anything i couldnt handle i loved the power of that sled.....ive heard alot of good things about the 07 fst but not too much on the 06....i was gonna get an 06 fst instead of my 600 but i decided not to because of the weight

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
But your the ultra club leader, you can't go off and commit treason against your own club? LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts