Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of rebuilding my secondary clutch for my 91 indy 400. i was stock before had 34 degree helix and i cant tell the spring colour. can someone tell me what would be a good spring and helix. i would like to have some more out of the whole.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Run a search. there are lots of post like yours

·
Registered
345 Posts
38-34 helix with a silver secondary spring, stock blue primary spring with stock 10 MB weights. i did this to my 91 indy 400 and with a good 1 inch track, it would pull a sled length or 2 on a stock XLT 580. i did some jetting as well.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was told that 48-34 with silver blue would work beter in deeper snow and will also pull like a banshee

·
Registered
345 Posts
48-34 seems like too much. a 40-34 would be the most i would run. like i said, mine was fast up until about 70mph. i raced that XLT 580 about 6 times and he never pulled ahead of me in 660ft.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was told 48-34 by MADCOW because he said that with the stock spring my seld should bog down in lots of snow which it does. and he said that 48-34 would help alot and would help me. can you tell me what the diffence would be between 48 and 40 im not that good when it comes to clutches.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also have to ask another question for you set-up. will it lift the skis at all with you setup and howis the snow up in sudbury. my cottage is 35 mins south of northbay in south river and the lakes were slushy, but the was lots of powder in some spots was deeper than my seld

·
Registered
345 Posts
i could hold up my skis for quite a long ways as long as i got some good hook up. there is very little snow here in sudbury. we have enough to run the lakes and thats about it, trails are all rocks and dirt.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you ever change the grearing or anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts