Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my indy 500 wont stay running. It will idle at about 3000 and then it will die about 20 seconds later. I think it is something to do with the carburetor settings. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Id pull the bowl off the carbs - remove the main needle clean real well. Take the floats out and the needle and seat for the fill and clean. Make sure the bowl itself is spotless. Should'nt be a big problem the 500 is a awesome good sled.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
... TXC hit it, but this was recently discussed about onther similar problem...check it out...http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/polarisman/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7814

·
Registered
206 Posts
Agree with above, lack of idle is most likely lack of fuel. But I'd also be concerned about the idle at 3000! That's pretty high!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had a problem like this one several years ago. I clean the carb and no change. It turned out to be the PTO seal that was blown along with the bearing. Never had a problem with this sled until one night. It would only run above 3000 rpm and idled high then stall. It all came apart! This motor is as good as it get for reliability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts