Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1991 polaris indy 500, the sled is reving really high at idle and will not go down when I give it some gas I also tried adjusting the idle screws which does not do anything so I figure I have an air leak somewhere I also changed the throttle cable because it was sticking abit but that did not change anything either I cleaned the carbs figuring they may need cleaning but did not change anything my carb boots looks a little cracked I may try changing those and see what happens. Help!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Take off your air box and look inside the carbs and see if your slides are going down all the way to the idle adjusting screws. If not lower your cables from on top of the carbs. Then you will have to sync them. If that does not work get the starting fluid out and spray away,carb boots,crankcase seals, and such

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you check the new throttle cable for free play and overall length? Is it binding anywhere and holding the slides up (which would prevent the idle screws from making a difference)?

·
Registered
827 Posts
If the carb boots are cracked, change them!!!! Before it causes more than just a high idle, and gets a lot more expensive.

Reactions: CanadianXCR
1 - 6 of 6 Posts