Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Phazer II 480cc fan, and was wondering....Does anyone know the proper torque setting for the bolt on the secondary clutch?

Also the secondary clutch has different settings for the spring. There's an A, B, and C hole on the one side and a 1,2,3,4 on the other. Does anyone know what the differences are? or what's best. I appreciate any feedback.

Robosnow[?]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head, but you can pick up a Clymer shop manual for that sled real cheap. It gives you all the specs and info you'd ever need for tunning and rebuilding everything.

I can check in mine tonight for the tourque spec if no one else knows. The different spring settings in the secondary adjust your top end rpm. I forget what the stock setting is, but I believe its in the center. B and either 2 or 3 (guessing here, but I can check tonight).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it!! If you could check that would be great. I will take you up on your advise and get the Clymer's book. Thanks again![:)]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The torque for the bolt on the secondary clutch is 43ft lbs.

The stock setting holes for the secondary spring are sheave position B and spring seat position 1.

Again these are the stock positions. They can be adjusted for your needs. They are for adjusting the rate of up and back shifting as well as top rpm. Increasing secondary spring tension increases engine rpm. Decreasing secondary spring tension decreases engine rpm. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts