Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends got a 911 response kit on his xlt, bout the most beutiful clutch kit i ever seen, got a billet cnc red anodized cover that bolts to the out side of primary in place of cast alum one with large diameter nut that adjusts belt clearance, he says it made to engage at about 2500 and take off with out spinning track, also has artic cat secondary witch is part of the kit, guess dude who makes the kit lives 10 min away, alls i know is its a 94 xlt everything stock but c&a's and this clutch kit single pipe still and damn that thing rips, could barley keep up on the river with the ultra lol (dont tell anyone lol) if my sway bar wasnt popped out might have been a diff story, just wondering if anyone else has ran this set up? he couldnt tell me much about it, sleds a hand me down from his brother. almost had to pick my eyeballs up off snow when i popped the hood on that thing, he kept tellin me go look at my clutch kit, its sweet and i kept thinkin what am i gonna see??? shiny spring n weights? and bam! bling bling lol couldnt stop drooling or convince him it deserves to be on my sled lol.

btw his xlt was out running same year xlt with pipes and xtra 12 witch we almost lost in the river that day but thats another story lol

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
if it engages at 2500 of coarse it aint gonna spin the track. thats wayyyyyyyy to low and rpm to engage, the motor isnt making any HP.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
kinda sounds fishy.. idk maybe just me?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats exactly what i thought, way to early to engage. but it works, works quite well will have have to snap a few pics with the phone next time im over there

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found out its from a company called Hi-tech performance guys name is Duane Watt and his number is (320)693-9289. Cost is 189.90 plus shipping. for the clutch cover, has a wider bushing and no need to re shim for belt clearance, will get pics this weekend

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Is the cover balanced??? If not you are going to be doing some damage.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It came out to address heavy mod sled clutch issues and poor oem design of wide bearing cover that was used on 800xc. Don't waste your money, and shiny bling under the hood definitely doesn't make it faster.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My understanding was/is this is not a "clutch kit" this is simply a cover that is adjustable for belt clearance instead of having to shim the clutch. can be done by the turn of a knob. maybe im thinking of the wrong unit. but if this is what im remembering people that used them swore by them. never used one myself. this is not just bling. as for the arctic cat clutch on the secondary i know racers use the bearcat clutch alot because if its larger diameter allows taller gearing but starting out in a "low" gear. dont know what other advantages it has.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the way i understand is you can A. get the cover only, or B. get the kit witch includes the cover, springs and weights, and the artic cat secondary, the one on the xlt was not a bearcat clutch but just a roller artic cat, he can use stock belt still, $189.00 is the price for just the cover i beleave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts