Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I go to see reviews on older sleds?
I am looking at an AC 92 550 EXT liquid cooled. 2900 miles, reverse, mint. Backrest.
I am looking at an AC 93 Pantera 550 2-up, loaded. 3300 miles.

Both are $1000 and I can't decide on which one I want. Is there a place for eviews or does anyone here have any thoughts? The 92 is mint. Not a scratch on her and reciepts on everything done on it. The 93 looks good, but not as clean as the 92. However this puppy is owned by the original owner and he's fairly old. He said he used it for ice fishing (which would explain the bags and everything)
I am more concerned engine wise, overall experience, better sled. However I can't find user reviews on either.

Help!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've got a '93 EXT 550. I really like the sled. Motor is virtually bulletproof. I can give you a positive endorsement on it

·
Registered
615 Posts
i owned at '92 arctic cat 550 ext,didnt have reverse but was a great sled. never had no problems really with it and for its time it was a halfway decent ride on the trail.i dont remember how many miles were on it but ran good.

sold the sled to shoelessjoe last year for his g/f.

[attachment=55436]

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey catmundo 170, it looks like you have a suspension upgrade in the back of your 550? My dad and I are in the middle of transplanting a 580 into a 440 prowler, but the 580 ext never rode nice, does anybody know anything on the fox gas shocks that are on the 1991 prowler, it was bought with a blown motor so we dont know much about it

·
Registered
53 Posts
the prowler is alive.. spins like a top though from a stand still and wags like a dog down the trail, not enough lug on that track for the 580

·
Registered
359 Posts
Originally posted by ditchbangncat
[br]hey catmundo 170, it looks like you have a suspension upgrade in the back of your 550? My dad and I are in the middle of transplanting a 580 into a 440 prowler, but the 580 ext never rode nice, does anybody know anything on the fox gas shocks that are on the 1991 prowler, it was bought with a blown motor so we dont know much about it
Yea, i put a rear suspension out of a 2002 ZR into it, works great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts