Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1992 polaris indy classic and the engine appears to not be getting gas...when i put my finger over the pulse line i cannot feel anything, no sucktion nuthing...sled will not run...has blue spark good compression but no fuel ..... is the issue with the pulse line possibly the problem if not what are some other things to try thanks billy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are the things that I would check. First is there enough gas in the tank or are either the fuel filter in the tank or in line plugged? If neither of those are the culprit then I would check to see if the fuel lines are kinked. These should be quick visual checks, besides the filter in the tank. Not sure of your wrenching experience so we'll start basic. My bet is that the main jets are gummed up with old gas. This can easily happen if the sled has been sitting for any length of time. It has been my experience that you can't detect strong pulses just by putting your finger over the vacuum line. I had a similar experience with a 92 indy 500 that turned out to be gummed up main jets.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but weve already been ridind the sled that week

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well if there is good compression you might have a weak fuel pump. How many miles are on the sled? Are these Mikuni VM38 carbs? Will it run on choke but starve for fuel when taken off choke?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just under 4000 miles and it wont even fire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts