Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When key is turned to the start/reset position the green light comes on the dash and the fuel pump primes up, everytime the pull cord is pulled the fuel pump will prime, the sled will start the first time with almost no issues then after a couple minutes of run time the green light comes off the dash and the sled will die, then being mush harder to start and stay running for an extended length of time.
Ecu has been replaced, self shutoff relay has been swapped in the right corner of the footwell

Just wondering how the ecu knows that the engine is running to keep ecu powered and where to check and test for components.. any help much appreciated

·
Registered
209 Posts
i am guessing this is not a e start sled correct, no battery, if it is not check all electrical connections first ,if no issuse are found , u r going to need to check the stator, i think the crank impulse signal comes form there also, sounds like u r losing voltage supply,also check the throttle safety switches should only have 010 to 020 clearance at rest.was any werk done done before this issue started if so back track last repair good luc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay… I had just recently bought the sled and this was the known issue, it does not have electric start and I put a fresh battery in it, I did find corrosion on the big white plug by the chain case, cleaned that with no help with the situation, it runs just fine when it starts so would that still be a stator issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts