Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd show off the results of a month's work.
It's a 92 RXL with a 136" conversion and a turbo. Currently running at 7psi on the stock injectors maxed out but since the other injectors arrived in the mail today I'll be able to turn the boost up soon. Still needs work on the clutching but runs strong otherwise.
T3 45 trim turbo out of a Saab 9000
RBracing electric oil pump for turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 560cc/min fuel injectors
modified RXL ECU with a boost pressure sensor integrated and custom firmware.
Innovate Motorsports datalogger
Polypropylene sewage plumbing airbox
some junkyard intercooler

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Right on, pretty cool stuff man. Those injectors are pretty big, they must have been a good chunk of the project money. Any videos yet? Would be ultra cool to hear it and see it go.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CanadianXCR said:
Right on, pretty cool stuff man. Those injectors are pretty big, they must have been a good chunk of the project money. Any videos yet? Would be ultra cool to hear it and see it go.
The stock injectors flow about 380cc/min and allow for roughly 50% more power than stock. 560cc/min is enough fuel to support about 230hp.
Injectors are used but cleaned/tested. A set of 4 cost $200 USD including shipping to Iceland.
No video camera, should borrow one the next time I go testing.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Oh, man, you're tempting me..

Nice job by the way!!!! [thumb]

What are the green wires on the water jacket? Temp sensors for exhaust?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Oh, man, you're tempting me..

Nice job by the way!!!! [thumb]

What are the green wires on the water jacket? Temp sensors for exhaust?
Yeah they're for the thermocouples in the exhaust manifold. Connected to an Innovate TC-4 module that records temperatures from 4 K-type thermocouples and transmits to the datalogger.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
cara said:
ha! the only thing is, is finding out how in the hell to do it!!
Doing what everyone else did isn't a challenge, doing what's never been done before is.. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Talk about a sleeper!!! lol

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
The biggest advantage of EFI isn't top end, it's out of the hole.

Right where the 600 is lacking.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
powderforlife said:
Talk about a sleeper!!! lol
This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when someone calls a snowmobile a "sleeper"?

BTW, that's a really cool project!! Well done!

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's having the UNEXPECTED. A sled who's hood tells only 1/4 of the story that's UNDER the hood.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hickfarmer said:
how and where did u get the 136 inch conversion? im looking to do the same on my xlt. thanks.
The dude's in Iceland, man. He'd probably get it from somewhere different than you in Wisconsin. Try TracksUSA in Minnesota if you want extension kits.

By the way, Baldur, that's an awesome project you've got going there. Can you ride it, or do you have to spend most of your time tuning it? Looks like you might be smart enough to get a motor running after ElectroMagnetic Pulse destroys all electrical circuitry. Think you've got the skills to take an ECU motor and make it run off of some old points?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts