Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to drop in and tell you guys i just bought a 92 Wildcat 700. Basically i bought it to tow the cat cutter caboose around because my zr has no hitch. i had to sell my rm to get it but i wasnt riding the rm much anyway, think i'm getting to old! This sled is in great shape and has been well takin care of. Has a fresh motor a couple years ago and only has a few hours on it. I picked it up for 800 bucks and i cant wait to try it out. Summertime is the best time to buy a sled i'd say, prices are down and there a tons out there forsale. have a great summer guys

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you dont mind me asking,how much? Just curious what one would go for. If you dont reply thats ok, not trying to be rude. Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep an eye on the clutch. Some of the wildcats like to eat up the fiber bushings in the clutch. Other than that it should be a good sled for you. Have fun!

·
Registered
192 Posts
dirtydan said:
If you dont mind me asking,how much? Just curious what one would go for. If you dont reply thats ok, not trying to be rude. Thanks
Fonz27 said:
just wanted to drop in and tell you guys i just bought a 92 Wildcat 700. Basically i bought it to tow the cat cutter caboose around because my zr has no hitch. i had to sell my rm to get it but i wasnt riding the rm much anyway, think i'm getting to old! This sled is in great shape and has been well takin care of. Has a fresh motor a couple years ago and only has a few hours on it. I picked it up for 800 bucks[/color=red] and i cant wait to try it out. Summertime is the best time to buy a sled i'd say, prices are down and there a tons out there forsale. have a great summer guys

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to hear good things about this machine, i didn't think i would be a lemon cause my zr has always been good to me!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You're going to love the power of that engine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
that engine may add a bit of weight to the sled, but it sure makes up for it in torque.
like previously said, keep an eye on the clutch. the old 700 twin is a shaky motor and it beats the hell out of clutches.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
A precision balanced clutch will eliminate that.
The Comet Pro-4 made mine smooooooooth!
Yank your arms off acceleration from start to finish.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OldCatRider said:
You're going to love the power of that engine.
Thats what i've been hearing, can't wait!

OldCatRider said:
A precision balanced clutch will eliminate that.
The Comet Pro-4 made mine smooooooooth!
Yank your arms off acceleration from start to finish.
It does have a comet clutch on it, but i'm not sure of the model, buddy said it cost him $500 cdn for the clutch.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
If it's the pro-4, it will have a black cover and say Pro-4 on it.
It will also have 4 weight arms in it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its just a 3 post comet probly a 108, it has a yellow spring and its in mint condition, very little miles on the clutch.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
That will be the correct spring for it and also a yellow in the secondary too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya it has yellow in both clutches. i think my zr has a green spring in the primary and its aa rebuilt cat clutch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts