Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a August of 1993 MX470 whose engine has bit the big one. The head has the crap beat out of it and it has already been bored out .50 mm. The cylinders could probably live with a good honing...but...

I have the opportunity to buy an engine out of a '93 MX470. I know that there are two years that are the same but can't remember if it is '93/'94 or '94/'95. The picture looks like it is the correct one...with the two piece yellow head and non-RAVE but I would like to know for sure.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Paints-n-cows said:
I have a August of 1993 MX470 whose engine has bit the big one. The head has the crap beat out of it and it has already been bored out .50 mm. The cylinders could probably live with a good honing...but...

I have the opportunity to buy an engine out of a '93 MX470. I know that there are two years that are the same but can't remember if it is '93/'94 or '94/'95. The picture looks like it is the correct one...with the two piece yellow head and non-RAVE but I would like to know for sure.
i beleive all the 470 are basicaly the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine that I got was actually out of an '89. It has a one-piece head whereas the one that was on the '94 is a two piece. The '94 also has two plug-ins that look like temp switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts