Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, Thank you in advance. I am new to working with an EFI so here goes. The sled ran OK in the summer just to move it around. It has lots of spark but is starving for fuel. It is not flashing any codes (When would you see them by the way? Whenever you turn the key?) I don't hear the fuel pump run often but when I unhook the fuel line after the large filter it sprays out lotss of fuel with every pull of the rope. It is like the injectors aren't doing anything. I also unhooked the throttle bodies from the engine and nothing sprays out when I pull the rope. Before I took things apart, the sled would run a bit (barely idle - occasionally I could feather the RPMs up but it would die shortly after. No idea what to do now? Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Check the battery voltage, needs a full charge to run the EFI.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Is the fuel old?

If there was moisture in the injectors, it would have run in the summer, but have frozen in the cold and clogged them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, fuel is fresh (all drained and flushed), the sled has been in a very warm heated garage for 2 days. Any other ideas? thx

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ok, so there's no codes on the ECU, and you have fuel pressure, and spark. And, if you pull it over with the throttle bodies off, nothing comes out of the injectors.

Just for grins, take the belt off and see if it starts and runs.

If that doesn't help, get a fuel pressure tester and tie it in between the fuel rail and fuel pump. It should have between 30 and 40 PSI.

·
Registered
127 Posts
GP440 said:
Hi everybody, Thank you in advance. I am new to working with an EFI so here goes. The sled ran OK in the summer just to move it around. It has lots of spark but is starving for fuel. It is not flashing any codes (When would you see them by the way? Whenever you turn the key?) I don't hear the fuel pump run often but when I unhook the fuel line after the large filter it sprays out lotss of fuel with every pull of the rope. It is like the injectors aren't doing anything. I also unhooked the throttle bodies from the engine and nothing sprays out when I pull the rope. Before I took things apart, the sled would run a bit (barely idle - occasionally I could feather the RPMs up but it would die shortly after. No idea what to do now? Thanks again.
You would see codes when you power it up or after the rope pull. Unplug the air temp sensor on the your airbox and you should get the code to flash on the ECU.

If you want to see if the injectors are reporting back, unplug them, then give it one pull. Should see their codes flash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK - figured it out, the Throttle Position Sensor seems to only make contact occaisoanlly, as well as, the contact on the ignition switch, It seems to be 100% now. Thanks everybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts