Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to change the cdi because I lost spark. Well after I did that I had to change the coolant temp sensor. Did that, but now still runs bad wont idle or rev and have a continuous blinking red light on the ecu. What does that mean?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sledheadhelsten said:
I had to change the cdi because I lost spark. Well after I did that I had to change the coolant temp sensor. Did that, but now still runs bad wont idle or rev and have a continuous blinking red light on the ecu. What does that mean?
It acts like the air intake sensor is bad or a coolant temp sensor but there is no code for the air intake sensor, just blinking red with no pauses?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The blinking light is an error code, or several error codes..

It reads long blinks then short blinks, so something like 1 long blink and 3 short blinks is a error code 13. Post all the error codes you get here, and we'll help you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

It reads long blinks then short blinks, so something like 1 long blink and 3 short blinks is a error code 13. Post all the error codes you get here, and we'll help you.
I let the brain box reboot after 15 min or so and then I got a long red fallowed by 3 bllinks. I think its a air intake sensor code, but I dunno. ?????

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

would an air intake make it not rev up? I know it would flood it out but as far as raving up I dunno. It wont go past 3000 rmp. At all. Just seems weird to me. I fixed alot of stuff listening. To all of use in the past on other peoples problems. This is one I just caant figure out. And yes I have a fully charged battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know if it will help but I had a similar issue with mine and it turned out to be the exaust was plugged from mice. I cleaned it out and now it runs great have a look it's a free fix.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Found my can plugged once (solid block of ice) figured it out. Disconnect the springs and let your pipe hang. You'll know immediately if it's the problem

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I thought of that after I found out the cdi. Was bad. I pulled it several time to do testing. I ended taking the pipes off the to empy them. It has ran since. Just wont rev. Im going to change the air intake sensor because its bad. Ifit doesn't fix it then. Ill have to look in to it. Ill let has know on mon. When it comes in. Thanx for the help though, it is appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sledheadhelsten said:
Well I thought of that after I found out the cdi. Was bad. I pulled it several time to do testing. I ended taking the pipes off the to empy them. It has ran since. Just wont rev. Im going to change the air intake sensor because its bad. Ifit doesn't fix it then. Ill have to look in to it. Ill let has know on mon. When it comes in. Thanx for the help though, it is appreciated.
Well I changed the air intake sensor. NO GO!!! im to the point were the problems supersedes my knowledge. I need help. The sled will only idle, it doesn't want to rev at all. It has spurts were it will rev for a split second,and that's it. The ecu has so many continuous blinks I can't even count them! I looked at he fuel, great delivery and pressure. I don't know what the next step would be. Also the fuel injectors are working right. Any help/ideas would be very much appreciated, like I said my knowlage ran out on this thing. Batterys fully charged also. I dunno.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugly old pop kid could ya help me? I've. Been reading other post and I see that your very smart when it come to this stuff. Im lost

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugly old pop kid could ya help me? I've. Been reading other post and I see that your very smart when it come to this stuff. Im lost. I started it again this morning. At idle the red light just stays on with no blinks?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could my whole problem be with a cheap aftermarket cdi I bought? Im just baffled? I never had anyproblems till I put that thing in......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

I got it to run and rev a little I have a 5 count on my ecu and a 4 count the five is a long one fallowed by 2 short ones and 2 faster ones and the 4 count is 1 long one fallowed by 3 short ones

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anybody help me.well i dont even know were to start. first i guess i have 2 codes, a 5 count. and a 4 count. the 5 count is a long one 2 blinks and 2 faster blinks. the 4 count is a long one fallowed by3 shorter blinks. the sled runs but poorly. hard time idleing and reving. wont go past arround 3000 rpm. NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM.after i shut it off after i got the codes it wont start at all. The fuel pump wont cycle and the injectors are not working either. 12.7 volts on battery. Good impulse from cdi also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts