Snowmobile Fanatics banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
not only me .....

There are a number of guys on this site who are very familiar with these systems and will be able to help you with whatever you need. 90% of the time the repairs are cheap and easy. Usually bad connections which cost nothing to fix as long as you understand the system and where to look.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the same problem for a while with my 92 EFI, turned out to be a bad relay. swap your two and see if the fuel pump still cycles. They are identical (at least on my sled) and located hind the panel with the starter switch. Now if I could only find 10mm x 1.25 nuts for my crankcase, I may actually be able to try starting it this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can relate to this problem. This fall when I went to start my 93 indy 500 EFI it would not start. All I did was charge the battery(make sure it's 100% or it won't work) and replace the fuel filter. If this doesn't work you could try making sure your fuel pickup is clean. I had that problem last year

·
Registered
13 Posts
mrholmquist said:
not only me .....

There are a number of guys on this site who are very familiar with these systems and will be able to help you with whatever you need. 90% of the time the repairs are cheap and easy. Usually bad connections which cost nothing to fix as long as you understand the system and where to look.
I just found this site yesterday, have done some reading here. I know there are alot of knowledgeabe folks here, but you seem to have an extensive knowledge of these efi's. I started a new post for my sled.
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got over the same problem with my 96 indy 650 rxl. The ignition switch had gone bad. I ran a jumper between the 2 red wires on back side of switch and then from the top red/pink to the yellow. it started and kept running. be sure the battery is at 12v or the efi wont work properly. when you connect the jumper from the top red to the yellow you will hear the injectors pulse. Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
mrholmquist said:
ok you say you hear the fuel pump run.

I need to know do you hear it cycle each time you pull the cord ? Or do you only hear it run when you first turn the switch on?

Also try to start it and then check to see if there are any codes being displayed (red light blinking on side of computer)

We need to determine if the EFI is or isn't supplying a pulse to the injectors , if it is and there is still no fuel being injected we will have to look at fuel pressure

I have a 93 500 EFI Pump runs great with ever pull. it will pop but will not start. Batery is fully charged plugs are new presure is good to the injectors. I think i'm getting only one puls and maybe that is it to the injectors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Always check the easy stuff like connections and battery first. That has been a majority of my EFI repairs for people.

After that borrow or buy a "noid" light to see if your injectors are getting a trigger pulse. Chances are you are not. I have seen a few dropping resistors fail on my RXLs, but most often it was the pulse wire coming from the CDI box and connecting to the harness with a white barrel connector. Maybe they come undone when the air box comes out? Seen it twice.

You also should not be running last summer's gas. EFIs run on the edge, bad gas will bring bad things. Winter and summer gas are very different, and they both go bad in a month or so. Also maybe clean the injectors, it isn't hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Always check the easy stuff like connections and battery first. That has been a majority of my EFI repairs for people.

After that borrow or buy a "noid" light to see if your injectors are getting a trigger pulse. Chances are you are not. I have seen a few dropping resistors fail on my RXLs, but most often it was the pulse wire coming from the CDI box and connecting to the harness with a white barrel connector. Maybe they come undone when the air box comes out? Seen it twice.

You also should not be running last summer's gas. EFIs run on the edge, bad gas will bring bad things. Winter and summer gas are very different, and they both go bad in a month or so. Also maybe clean the injectors, it isn't hard.
how do you check the injectors i have a 92 polaris indy 500 efi sp amd it was running great until it ran outta gas and now it wont start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got over the same problem with my 96 indy 650 rxl. The ignition switch had gone bad. I ran a jumper between the 2 red wires on back side of switch and then from the top red/pink to the yellow. it started and kept running. be sure the battery is at 12v or the efi wont work properly. when you connect the jumper from the top red to the yellow you will hear the injectors pulse. Good luck
So the red kill switch?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts