Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Have a 93 xlt 600 Triple with the monoblock engine and need a head gasket. Before I go tracking one down, was there a non-monoblock engine for this model year? The gasket kits I've seen look different from kit to kit and just say they are designed for the 1993-1994 xlt sp. Could someone link to a good either gasket kit or head gasket for the monoblock motor or have Polaris's part# for the gasket? It will save me the chance of ordering the wrong one ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
The 1993 XLT was a 580cc not a 600.They were all mono blocks...Make sure you know what year it is for sure.If the head covers aren't coloured its a 580.post some pictures to be sure....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Head Gasket part # 3084436
Head Cover gasket part # 3084434

Btw the 93 and 94 XLT's are 580 cc not 600

·
Registered
827 Posts
The 1993 XLT was a 580cc not a 600.They were all mono blocks...Make sure you know what year it is for sure.If the head covers aren't coloured its a 580.post some pictures to be sure....[/QUOTE

My 94 580 xlt has a purple head cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys. To be honest I'm still learning a lot about this sled as I've only owned it for a few months. The Head cover is silver or uncolored. When checking it out after buying it, I noticed that the coolant was dirty and low with what might have been oil or flakes of dirt or grime floating in it. I flushed the system, new coolant, new water pump belt as that was warn too, topped off and bled the system. Started it and ran it, all the heat exchangers were getting hot and coolant was circulating. I went up north, hit the trails last weekend and did 30-40 miles with no problem. We just had our first decent snow here in SE Michigan and took it out yesterday and it overheated. Coolant was shooting out of the overflow bottle like crazy. Popped the cap off the neck and didn't see any coolant in the engine and the exchangers were cold. The only difference from ridding up north and here was the outside temperature. Looking through other threads a lot of people are pointing to the head gasket. I might be jumping to conclusions though.:confused:

Thanks again!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have used Winderosa gaskets many times with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts