Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea i've been working on this for a while and it seems i keep on running into a wall with anything i try. I changed the fuel filter and also added a second one, cleaned the fuel system and went over the entire electrical system and checked for corroded plugs and connections and all was fine with that. The fuel pump was replaced and has great pressure and all injectors are firing nicley, I just don't know what else to do besides use the fucking thing for target practice with 12ga Slugs !!! If you have any suggestions i guess let me know!!!!!??????????[:(!]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Agreed, what's the problem besides you have an itchy trigger finger?

·
Registered
33 Posts
what engine? what fuel you running? besides checking electrical connections and fuel system any other new parts? when it runs does it run good then just die out of the blue or run shitty and then dies?

·
Registered
572 Posts
need more info if you want people to help you with some suggestions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fargoguy said:
what engine? what fuel you running? besides checking electrical connections and fuel system any other new parts? when it runs does it run good then just die out of the blue or run shitty and then dies?
Yes that's exactly what happens. It runs good when it does run then it just slowly dies. I'm running 89pump gas and the only other parts that i put on it were a new set of injectors and a ecu, The engine is a 650 fuji 3 cyl. The engine itsself was a ground up rebuild by a certified polaris dealership and also the engine was tested infront of my self at the shop prior to the engine being put back in the machine and it ran just perfectly and smooth. What else is it that i could be missing after i've gone over the dam thing 100 times.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You need to check 4 things...

Compression - after it dies (needs to be 100+ PSI)

Battery voltage - after it dies (needs to be 11.5v or more to run)

Fuel pressure - after it dies (should be high 30's PSI)

spark - after it dies

Dying after a while is indicative of something heating up. Could be any number of things, those 4 are the key things you can check to narrow down the cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts