Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to pick up a 93 XCR 440 from my cousin for $1000 CDN. It's a great running condition, and the body is in good shape, nothing a little polishing wouldn't fix. I'm pretty sure this is a good deal. Any opinions?
I was also wondering if anyone could tell me how well their sleds run (something similar). Any info about acceleration, top speed would be great. From what I hear the 440 was actually considered an overacheiver and could easily beat most 500's and keep up with a lot of 600's. Any truth to this?

Thanks guys....prayin' for snow soon.

·
Registered
892 Posts
My brother-in-law has a 92 and it runs great, he never has problems. It is a fun sled to ride because it is light and has enough power to keep you moving.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
How much is $1000 CDN is US dollars?
Yeah, i think that is a good deal.

Ask Ripperd2, i think he has one.

I have one too. Only it's the '98 model with the USA powerplant, it's plenty fast for me.......and i used to have a 600 tripple!
That '93 should be just as reliable as the average sled of the same year.
A few tips: before you buy it, get a compression tester and check condition of the engine. Hopefully you get a chance to test drive it, otherwise, support the rear end, and hammer the throttle a couple times; listen to see how good the throttle response is, as well as overall power. listed for excessive drivetrain noise like rough rattling and chatter.

How many miles?

Yeah, i think you have a pretty good deal there.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ill give the guy 700 US dollars for it LOL just kidding thats one hell of a deal

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
HOLY SMOKES! If you don't buy that I will! If everything looks good, thats a great deal!

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I have a 92 XCR 440. I like it alot.

One thing you will want is handlebar risers, stock bars are too short. I just put in 2" of rise in mine today, for this season. Much easier on the back for stand up riding.

As far as speed/power, I kept up with no problem with the two year old 440's, 500, and a 600 that I ride with usually. They get me on a real long stretch, but I can hit 85mph on the speedo on hardpack... It's not slow by any means.

-Dean

-
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't give it a second thought and BUY IT!!! It's a great deal and a great machine. I used to have a 93 and I loved it. A great sled. I'd still have it if it wasn't for the damn IRS.
/snofan/../images/users/Bill/oldsleds1.jpg

"...Then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
a little troubles there bill?

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bill:
I'd still have it if it wasn't for the damn IRS.

"...Then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."
[/quote]

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
47 Posts
They can be a pain in the butt now and then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts