Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again guys. I have lost the specs I had for the clutch alignment on my son's 93 xlt sks. I can't remember where I found them last year. The engine has moved, I was told last year that I can loosen the motor mounts and adjust it, Is this right? I appreciate any help, thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Take a piece of key shaft long enoungh to go from your secondary to the primary open the secondary put key shaft in close then align it with the middle of your primary.You may have to loosen your mounts.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Or there is an offset of 5/8" between the primary and the secondary. If you have a square you can use that and make the measurement.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I understand the 5/8" part, but how do I know the distance between the clutches and do I just loosen the bolts where the motor mounts mount to the chassis to adjust the motor into the correct position? Thanks again

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
They should be 12" from clutch bolt to clutch bolt I believe.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'm at 11 1/2". I need to move the motor, how do I do that? Also, I noticed the primary belt gap is huge! Like 3/16". I've read about shimming it. Is there somewhere I can go to view how this is done? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts