Snowmobile Fanatics banner

93xlt

665 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  650Indy 
#1 ·
i have and opportunity to buy a 1993 xlt 600 3cyd polaris with 4200miles on it,is this a good or bad sled ? if so what should i look for on this sled.

#2 ·
theres lots of stuff too look for...but just the basics...ask if any problems with motor ever beenr ebuilt what he has replaced its history check for play in ski's check make sure suspesnion is loose cracks in hood...clean...starts good...doesnt smoke...lots of questions to ask

Duct tape the only real solution

#3 ·
b1scu1t14,

Whaddya mean "doesnt smoke"?....its a 2-stroke....its gonna smoke.

Anyways...check the track for damage as thats an expensive peice to replace, and also check compression in the engine. Check for abuse and neglect, by dents, cracks, broken items. Generally you can tell if the sled has been beat on or taken care of.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

#5 ·
I find You can tell a lot about a sled and how it was treated just by looking at the seat... This usually (not always) dictates how the sled was ride'n, so if the seat is looking rough it might be an indication the sled was ride'n hard.. Also if the seat is brand spankin' new it can be a good indication to look a little deeper too and ask why and when it was replaced... And I wouldn't view 'smoke' as a bad thing.. I would rather have a 2 stroke running rich over lean... Also when you go to take a look at the sled take note about how it's being stored (on or off the suspension)..

Best of luck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.