Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Polaris Indy sport strait pipe jetting I was just wondering if anyone knows what I should jet it to if I strait pipe it

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What do you mean straight pipe, a two stroke relies on a tuned pipe to ensure the proper back pressure is achieved so your engine runs properly and doesn't blow up. If you are straight piping.......... good luck! I guess check your plug color and adjust jetting as needed

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you want to have a straight pipe get a small one it causes back pressure in the exhaust making it hard for the compression to get out of the little pipe. to get the right amount of pressure get a can of spray paint and paint your straight pipe then start the sled up and wait untill the paint starts burning off the straight pipe. wherever the paint burns first take a grinder and cut the pipe off exacly where it burned the paint off first to get the right amount of back pressure then you wont have to rejet and it will give you allmost as much power as a stock exhaust would

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Heres what I did when I str8 piped my sled. I went to fleet farm and got some flexpipe, then ran it directly to my helmet so I could get the sound I was looking for. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts