Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after blowing up both a zrt 800 and zrt 600 this year, i decided to try my luck with a doo for the rest of the winter, picked up a 94 mach 1 670, real clean, seems to run pretty good, anything i should know about these sleds? I actually owned one a couple years ago for a season, really liked it, had to get rid of it when i got deployed to iraq, whats the Horsepower on these old 670's? my only complaint about this sled so far is not being able to keep the ski's on the ground most the time, and honestly, thats not even really much of a complaint, haha kind of cool
*excuse the screen name, still havent decided between the doos and cats*

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You should be 120-130 hp, really numbers will be lower

Suck you limiter strap up if you want to keep the front end down

I suggest you go through your clutchs, check bearings on the skid, basicly a good go over and should be a great sled

·
Registered
192 Posts
Always a good idea to pull the carbs on a new to you sled. A good PM never hurt a sled. Also clean and check your valves. All easy and quick to do now to keep the sled in good shape. Also be sure to let the ski-doo warm up. If you try to run them without the warm-up they like to foul plugs. Other than that, hold on and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i gave it a pretty good look over, it was just gone thorugh by a doo dealer at the end of december, carbs cleaned, brand new carbides (that is until i introduced the sled to ohio riding) , new sliders (also taking a beating on ohio snow) , etc. Running really good right now, put about 30 miles on it since i picked it up, i usually let it warm up about 4 or 5 minutes before i get on it, and then wait a few minutes before i get on the throttle

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone give me a quick rundown on how to clean the valves?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts