Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came across a 1994 skidoo mach 1 today for $1100 with 2900 miles on sled looks mint . so how are these sleds ride wise ,performance wise ,anythig i should know about it .is it worth it?we ride on mostly trails and open fields.any bad remarks i should know about before i get back to the guy thanks in advance for any info about this sled.its never been rebuilt,has usi plastic skis on it. what do you guys think have not seen it in person yet want to get sum info about it before i make the 2 hr. drive thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
clarson6573 said:
i came across a 1994 skidoo mach 1 today for $1100 with 2900 miles on sled looks mint . so how are these sleds ride wise ,performance wise ,anythig i should know about it .is it worth it?we ride on mostly trails and open fields.any bad remarks i should know about before i get back to the guy thanks in advance for any info about this sled.its never been rebuilt,has usi plastic skis on it. what do you guys think have not seen it in person yet want to get sum info about it before i make the 2 hr. drive thanks
My friend has got that sled and has had pretty good luck with it. The only problem he has had with it was a worn drive shaft bearing, but that was after 6000 miles. The $1100 asking price seems a little high, and his willingness to negotiate should be taken into consideration before making a 2 hour drive in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
well i had my 94 formula mach1 the guy just rebuilt the motor it was a 670. identical to the smokin joe's race sled you know cammel joe lol. yellow and purple. had plastic usi ski's. thing got up and went like a bat out of hell. she was fun and the seat was really soft. softer than your yamaha v-max. i bought mine for $800 but it did have a cracked hood on the front nose. if you could get it for $850-900 id say you got a good deal. first id check the track and make sure its not all cracked up. i know what it looks like and that one has a stock track. seem like the guy had it in a storage building so i dont think it had teh weather elements. thing i liked most about mine was that i pumped the primer twice and she fired rite up on first pull.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
1down5up said:
Great engine, a little heavy and not good in deep snow. It's a fun lake sled. Mine never failed me.
it is a great engine! mine was a rocket.

·
Registered
278 Posts
its got a great engine and they really haul. they are somewhat gas guzzlers and are pretty heavy. i would think if you could talk em down about 2-300 you will get yourself a good deal. they make great lake sleds but are not always the best handling wise.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
First sled was a 95 Mach 1 670. I threw in a sc-10 136" suspension and 2" paddle track, and beat the hell out of it in the backcountry. Funnest sled ive ever had! Cant believe I got rid of it! If a mach 1 can hillclimb it can do anything lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
great top end speed sled always starts on 2nd pull after priming (primer knob is a +) prolly just as good of handling than a V-max but not great! I'd offer a grand, it seams reasonable!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If the guy isnt trying to get rid of the sled right away i would look around a little more. http://www.searchtempest.com/ its a great site fore searching craigslist. This site allows you to search craigslist adds by state rather than city.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the input on guy seemed kind of shady seemed in a hurry like somethin was up with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 1994 mach 1 670 and they should call it the mach one ton. its a tank cuz its heavy and bulletproof. doesnt handle the greatest but pretty snappy. 1100 is a bit much if you get get it for 800 youd be getting a pretty good deal. the kelly blue book value is at like 900 bucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts