Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My dad is looking at getting rid of his second sled .. a 94 bravo long track. He wants to get another good riding machine for my mother. I found a 1994 Polaris SKS 440

it's a 2 up sled, with reverse, hand/thumbs, 440 liquid, speedo/tach .. I haven't seen the actual sled yet, but from the photo looks to be in good shape. The deal is good too .. it's got a claimed 3100km on it, and included is a double trailer with front shroud for deflecting salt/dirt. Asking 3500 for the lot.

Having said all that .. does anyone know of any problems with that particular machine or the engine? The deal just seems too good to be true ...

I'm going to look tonight so if you could reply asap please!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
doesn't sound *that* good.

Sled is probably worth $2100.
Trailer: about $700.

you should be able to find that combo for $3000 or less.

hell, my dad bought a 98 XC600 with 2000mi on it, and a 2 place aluminum trailer (new), for $2400, and $850, respectively. From a dealer! It was near mint. (till I got ahold of it :))

You can do better.

-Dean

·
Registered
948 Posts
He's in Canada RipperD2. That's only about $2300 US.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It also goes by region .. around here, for what people are asking for their second hand sleds .. it's a good deal.

Anyway .. I went to see the machine and it's pretty well cherry. The slides need to be replaced, and that's about it as far as I could see. Starts easily, though I don't hold much on that cuz it could have been started any number of times that day.

My father is kinda second guessing right now anyway .. finances a bit tight. We shall see tho ..

Has anyone heard of any problems with this type of machine tho? or with that model year 440 liquid engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts