Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XTRA-12 suspension from a 1996 Indy 650 RXL ans I want to put it in my 1994 Indy 500 EFI. From the answers that I received from my first question of "will bolt in with no modification". I was wondering if anyone know the distances that I need to move the front and rear brackets and in which direction?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Jim

·
Registered
777 Posts
if you still have the rxl,you have take the measurements from the drive shaft center line,to the front mount hole,and to the rear mount hole,and the distance from the top of the tunnel down,you may even end up with mounts below the tunnel on the rear.
i just replaced a x-tra 10 with a edge,,, But in your case a x12 might be to much hight for the 8 inch front.thats what you,d have to do ,how well it works?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
hey xc, how far off were the mounting holes between the xtra 10 and the edge supsension?

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
777 Posts
the front mount has to go forward 3 inches.the rear mount goes forward3.5 inches and 7 1/8 inches down from top off tunnel inside.you need different rear mount that are flat to clear the tsl ,, off a sks ,,the mounting hole is below the tunnel for extra clearence for the extra travel .if you need more info just ask

·
Registered
777 Posts
jruell
,i p.m. you .sorry thats for a xc10 to a edge

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also trying to add a 12 inch suspension to a 93 xlt.. if you get the measurements off the old sled please forward them to me also. I have been looking for a sled to measure and been asking on this site with no luck. please let me know either here or directly at [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Question for Xc: what sled did you put the edge suspension in? What differences do you notice between the edge and the Xtra-10?

I am wondering because late this spring I put an Xtra-10 with the PPS shock in a 95 Indy 500. I left the front mounting hole as it was, but moved the rear hole forward 2 3/4" (I think), and the same distance down from the top of the tunnel as the old holes. Track is extremely tight. I didn't measure from the centerline of the driveshaft to the front mount very carefully, but I recall that it was about right to begin with. Other than the tight tension, however, the ride is vastly improved. I am just wondering how much better the edge is. I have ridden an M-10 eqipped sled and I think its the best setup for trail riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts