Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm relatively new to snowmobiles, especially anything newer than a 71 Ski Doo 399. We have a 94 650 rxl, and it won't run. The story(as I was told it)goes, the riders were stuck in a ditch, they shut it off, and when we went to restart it (after it was pulled out) , it wouldn't run. any Ideas on where to start? I didn't get to spend much time on it today , as the machine is outside and it's cold. I'm just looking for some ideas, and any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
first welcome to the site! plenty of good information here about annything you ask for[;)]. First of all, as you mentionned its an RXL? I will assume the sled still have the EFI system? You can start to check if you got some spark, and the battery voltage, or if the sled give you a faulty code... triple650indy will give you some good advice about it as he knows a lot from this model!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
1. Check Plugs (what do they look like?)
2. Check Voltage Should be at least 12-13
Post findings and will go from there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
check and make sure the battery is connected and has a charge, it will not run unless the battery works. When you pull it over once, the EFI system will cycle...you will hear it. If this isn't happening you need to look at the batt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts