Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 keeps fouling plugs on the #2 cylinder. The #1 is perfect plug looks great. I change the plug ride for about 15 mins and then loose power all of a suden. I check the plugs and the #2 is fouled again. Carbs are clean, wires and boot are new, and exhaust is new but stock. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bad needle and seat over flowing the carb possibly or a bad coil. If you put in another plug, will it run on both cylinders?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah if i change out the plug it runs on both. Infact when i change it out it runs awsome. But as soon as it idels it just goes out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it runs okay at higher rpm and only misses at idle, I would be looking at carbs. A lot less volage is required to fire a plug at idle than under load.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Id first check to see what jet you have in the carb on the cylinder that fouls out. Make sure you have the correct jet for the temp and elevation that you ride in. Id also check to make sure that you are using the correct plugs for that sled.
If all that stuff checks out, Id check to make sure that cylinder is getting a consistent spark and that the spark is strong. Maybe try swapping out the CDI box and see if that makes any difference. If the spark in the cylinder is intermittent or is a little weak, that could be causing the fouling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All the above are good items to check. Also check the reeds in that cylinder. If the reeds are not in good shape, they will cause problems. Check the reed is sitting flush with the reed cage. If you see a gap between the cage and reed, its time to change the reed.

Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts