Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its getting to be that time of year again adn well im just doin the finishing touches on my sled. Well Earlier this summer it was running fine, and then i did some changes, and i started it again later and the thing ran like is was leaking air. I start it, adn i have it set so it just barley runs, and it even quits a few times, but i rev it and its a little boggy then it hangs around 5000 rpm, so im thinkin its a bad seal or i have a hole in my intake flange, i was hopin it was maby the pto seal, but i sprayed starting fluid on that seal tonight to see if it would run faster, but it didnt affect it, i just hope its not a mag seal, too much work to get to it, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought. im pretty srue it seals or intake flanges

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
this is a dumb guess which probably isnt right but what about carsb being synched??...cause i rember my sled ran shitty and if u woukld give it a little throttle then it woukld bog down then catch back up and when u let off it either quit or ran shitty....who knows??

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was also thinkin, i put some new motocross bars on my sled, and i did some chanign with the cables, and i think that after i open it up, that the slides dont close all the way, so ill try that tonight and see what happens

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys i got her fixed tonight, what had happened is the middle carb cabe got pulled and pulled the slide up and made it runn faster, so i adhusted and fixed it. thoutht id let ya know

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Good to hear you got it fixed up. Snow will be here within 4-6 weeks is my guess.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hopefully we get snow here in less, i need to get my video started

1 - 6 of 6 Posts