Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys just picked up a 94 zr 580 twin single pipe but its got a 136 1-3/4 paddle on it i only gave 300 bucks but it starts and runs good so any way was wondering if the zr's are worth a crap lol

bringurthunder said:
ok guys just picked up a 94 zr 580 twin single pipe but its got a 136 1-3/4 paddle on it i only gave 300 bucks but it starts and runs good so any way was wondering if the zr's are worth a crap lol

2010815191934939_33411.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a 94 zr 700 and it was a pretty good sled for its age. Didnt really have good suspension in the rear but it handled really good. I also had a 95 ext 580 that cooked along pretty well. Just wonder but it looks like there are only small portions of slide on the rails there in the pic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya we just ordered them has a few little issuses

·
Registered
458 Posts
300? and it runs? good deal, my cousin has had one for about 6-7 years now and it still runs good every season. suspension isnt going to be anything great. nice find

·
Registered
380 Posts
Id give 300 for that sled all day long! Good deal, not that I know much about it but a sled that runs and rides is always worth a few hundered bucks!

·
Registered
863 Posts
you could part that out and make some good coin.
not a bad looking sled for $300!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have the 96 version of that sled and I am doing extensive mods. My dad has the short track version and it is stock but I loved it. good find!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx ya i thought we did good the only problems were the slides and chokes broke but hell it starts every crank without the choke evan after sittin a few days

·
Registered
278 Posts
i have the 95 zr 580. great sled. i got mine for 500 and havent had any problems so far. how many miles does yours have?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2300 ish

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I had the 95 model with 121 and EFI. Suspension sucked but had lots of power, road like it was on rails. Ended up selling it 2 years ago at Haydays with a busted hood and 3500 miles for $750, so yeah, you got a very good deal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya got a few good deals im gonna start a new thread about deals

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya lol i seen that right after i posted this one thought id see whats up thoe never hurts lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had a 95 zr 580 for the last few years and the motor ran like a champ, pulled very well as far as suspension look into the AGLT suspension mod it works great and upgrade the rear to a 98 or newer zr suspesion and you wont regret a bit of it

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have a '95 ZR580 and i love that sled. there really isnt anything bad to say about it. even if it doesnt have the most travel, the sled will just skip over the bumps and stay perfectly straight at 65mph. and it turns like its on rails...theres a reason some guys still raced that Gen 1 chassis up until the 2000 season when the Gen 3 came out.

as for the motor, the 580 twin is well built. they are solid and crank out good power for a piston port twin. and although it lacks reed induction, it still has 8 transfer ports and 3 exhaust ports per cylinder.
the only notorious problem the 580 suffered was that the early (93-94) motors could snag a piston ring on the exhaust port from the port being so big. but judging by the hood and decals, you have a '96 so that shouldn't be an issue.

i like the 580 so much i may just make it my primary sled this year and leave the 700 as a spare.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ilive4snow700 said:
i have a '95 ZR580 and i love that sled. there really isnt anything bad to say about it. even if it doesnt have the most travel, the sled will just skip over the bumps and stay perfectly straight at 65mph. and it turns like its on rails...theres a reason some guys still raced that Gen 1 chassis up until the 2000 season when the Gen 3 came out.

as for the motor, the 580 twin is well built. they are solid and crank out good power for a piston port twin. and although it lacks reed induction, it still has 8 transfer ports and 3 exhaust ports per cylinder.
the only notorious problem the 580 suffered was that the early (93-94) motors could snag a piston ring on the exhaust port from the port being so big. but judging by the hood and decals, you have a '96 so that shouldn't be an issue.

i like the 580 so much i may just make it my primary sled this year and leave the 700 as a spare.
you like them that much?

·
Registered
538 Posts
bringurthunder said:
you like them that much?
yeah, the 580 is way better and more fun on the trails we ride. its alot easier to get it through the woods, unlike my heavy 700. plus the 580 is better on gas and oil than my thirsty 700.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah i agree and dont count the 580 out on power either! they rip for their engine size. do some minor work to the engine and you will be runnin over 600's all day long

1 - 20 of 30 Posts