Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 94 ZR700, wondering if some people can give me information on this sled. (neg. and pos.) Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Mike! I just purchased a 94 zr700 also. It has 4400 miles on it and it is in excellant shape. I'll be watching this thread!
Bob

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bob,
I haven't had a chance to use mine yet-no snow. Got it for $900 ,it seems to be in great shape. I'm looking forward to how it compares to my Polaris RXL650. I'll let you know next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Holy crap $900? Hell, i thought i was doing good getting mine for $1600. I took mine to my brother-in-laws tonight. I stopped and filled the tank with fresh gas. By the time i got to George's place, about 15-20 minutes away it was pissing gas out the bottom of the sled.I now have got to replace all the gas lines and the fuel filter as it must have a crack in it somewhere.All the fuel lines are hard.
There is no snow here yet either, in Halifax, NS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you know what they say about men and boys,
It's the price of those toys.
Right now i'm sitting on a 1995 ZR700 I'd sell in a heart beat for a 1000 bucks. she's in mint condition, maybe 100 miles in the last 7 years, that may be stratching it. just won't fire consistantly.
so here she sits garage stored her entire life.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i owned one back in 01 and i loved it.. it doesnt compare with the lightness and suspension of newer sleds but it was def fast. you might want to rebuild the clutches if they havent beed done yet. they have problems with those old comets when they wear. i broke a cluth spring. but other than that hold on!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had my 94 zr700 out for its shake down run tonight for 10miles (in 2 mile intervals, ----> up the road 2miles, <---- then back down the road 2miles) for the first time since i bought it. Came to the conclusion that the only thing it needs is more snow and maybe new picks. It don't matter how fast you're going, if you snap the throttle wide open she breaks the track free!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I didn't know there was a 94 ZR 700.. post up some pictures guys.

And as far as sled prices go, depends on condition, and location in country

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]I didn't know there was a 94 ZR 700.. post up some pictures guys.

Click on my name "daden" then go to view gallery. There's about a half dozen shots of mine in there!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello ZR 700 owners, My son and I bought the same sleds new in the Fall of 1993. We ran them two years trouble free. They would beat three cyclinder Polaris storms. I still have the Service Manual for it. Will sell it for twenty dollars and postage. If interested email me. I have the arctic cat promo pic with details also but do not know how to post it here, ?????????????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok guys got it. Yep those are 440 decals on the 700, an 8 dollar deal and left many wondering how a 440 zr could kick butt on bigger machines................lots of fun, never raise the hood..........will get that cat promo up now. This shot is of me and my 98 t-cat 1000, should have kept that sled.........[attachment=56671]

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok guys got it. Yep those are 440 decals on the 700, an 8 dollar deal and left many wondering how a 440 zr could kick butt on bigger machines................lots of fun, never raise the hood..........will get that cat promo up now. This shot is of me and my 98 t-cat 1000, should have kept that sled.........[attachment=56671]

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by aarpman
[br]Ok guys got it. Yep those are 440 decals on the 700, an 8 dollar deal and left many wondering how a 440 zr could kick butt on bigger machines................lots of fun, never raise the hood..........will get that cat promo up now. This shot is of me and my 98 t-cat 1000, should have kept that sled.........[attachment=56671]
That looks awesome, i want to find a thundercat like that to just feel the acceraration it has.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Agreed........That is a gorgeous picture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts