Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking on a 95 xlt. But for a little more money i can get a 95 xcr 600. I just wanted to know how much better the xcr is than the xlt. I know some people that have xlt's and they are dogs. 85 mph. Is the 600 xcr alot better than the xlt. What would i be looking at for horsepower and mph in the xcr 600 (1995). I see the carb specs and weight is different. Need info?[red][/red][8][8][8][8][8][8]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the XCR had a bunch of crank problems, the XLT was more reliable. I wouldn't call it a dog it wakes up nice with pipes and clutching.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't see why the xcr would have crank problems and the xlt wouldn't if its suppose to be the same motor.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
HP between the two is within +/- 2. Is it the XLTsp, if so that would have the xtra-12 and would ride better then the xc-101 skid in the xcr. But the xcr would probably corner better with the lower c.o.g.

Ok, look here for a nice write up on the crank problems for the xlt/xcr:

http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

My guess is that the 95 xcr motors were a later production run, and Polaris unfortunaly, changed a few things[xx(].

Also, check here for more specs on the machine. The link is set for the nicest of all the xlt's[;)]. But you should be able to get around to the 95's.

http://www.polarisman.com/channels/content/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=97SNOINDYXLTSP&Year=1997

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and reliability isn't an issue i just want the better sled. performance wise. Everyone claims the xcr is alot faster.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
the xcr is faster..my xcr has had the factory updated crank and it now has 6500 miles on it with no problems..They are good runners

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
they atre the same motors except for the crank the 95 xcr puts out around 115 hp. the 96 xcr sp was the sled with the crank problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts