Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Indy 500, and have been having problems that I have traced to my primary clutch, basicall does not hold at 8000rpm at WOT, sometimes gets there, but always drops to about 7000rpm, sometimes never gets there.

Inspecting the clutch I see that one of the weights has some egging on the bushing and the shaft of the fixed sheave is scored on one side (where it slides through the bushing of the spring cover).

I am thinking that the scoring is related to the worn weight bushing.

Could I just replace one the one weight that has a worn bushing to fix this?

Does anyone have a good used clutch for sale that would work with this sled? I put my wife's clutch on from her 92 Indy 500 and it did fix the problem, so am thinking of just getting a good used clutch.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
skiwater9 said:
I have a 1995 Indy 500, and have been having problems that I have traced to my primary clutch, basicall does not hold at 8000rpm at WOT, sometimes gets there, but always drops to about 7000rpm, sometimes never gets there.

Inspecting the clutch I see that one of the weights has some egging on the bushing and the shaft of the fixed sheave is scored on one side (where it slides through the bushing of the spring cover).

Does anyone have a good used clutch for sale that would work with this sled? I put my wife's clutch on from her 92 Indy 500 and it did fix the problem, so am thinking of just getting a good used clutch.

Thank you
Where are you located???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ultrawillie said:
skiwater9 said:

Thank you
Where are you located???
Lanesboro, Massachusetts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The reason I ask is, if you were closer I have the tools and know how to rebuild yours. there must be someone nearby that could help you out.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Have the clutch rebuilt. The bushings in the weights are replaceable if it hasn't worn through into the steel of the weight. You can get bushings for the weights at www.wahlracing.com, www.startinlineproducts.com, www.hiperf.com, www.speedwerx.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts