Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all need some help and opinions on sleds, the last sled i had was an 88 exciter and i dont know much about any of the newer models. currently i am looking at a 95 mach z w/ 800mi in the local want ads. it has a crankshop motor with 600 mi on it and crankshop pipes, plastic skis, brand new track with 196 studs, all new shocks. all for $2500. i know this is a pretty good deal. what should i look out for and are these sleds problematic? what about the 96-98 mxz's? how are those? any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
What type of riding to you prefer to do??? The Mach will haul major ass across lakes and long strait trails. Or if your into tight trails and ditch bangin than the MXZ might suit you better. So maybe a little bit more info on your self would help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my trails around here are a mix of fields and woods, but not too tight anywhere, i do like speed alot though!

·
Registered
86 Posts
One major item to be concerned about is likely the rear suspension. I think the 95 would only have the C7 which doesn't give you a hole lot of travel and you would likely want to upgrade that right away. The MXZ came stock with the SC10 way better than the C7. The SC10 is a much better trail ride. You can pick up an SC10 skid for around $300 if you decide to go with the Mach

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the diff between the mach z and the formula z? whats the diff between the mxz's and the formulas?

·
Registered
567 Posts
the formulas are more trail oriented than the mach's but the mach's but are still pretty fast. The mxz is a ditch banger trail beatin machine quick in the straits and handle trails nicely. Ive only got to ride a mack but it was a bit newer (2000) but it was a blast especialy after they get mods

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mach z is 800 triple,triple while the formula z is a 583 twin, i've ridden mach z's and they do pretty damn good on the trails and once you hit the lake, bye,bye[:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts