Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy at work told me that his neighbor had a 95 or 96 skidoo mxz or something for sale for 200 bucks he said it runs good with like 3000 miles on it but he hit a ditch or something and broke a ski so he doesnt have the time to fix it and its been in his yard for ever but he starts it up and lets it run every couple weeks so i might go look at it. does this sound like a good deal or what?

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah if its a 583 that would be a steal, those motors are very well known and have a lot of power, definitely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
if the motor is in good shape then that sled is a steal for only 200 with just the absense of a ski.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The 583 was the most bullet proof liquid cooled engine ever put in a sled imho. I would pay more than 200 for just the running engine, no sled. So yeah, buy it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I sold a 670 from a 97 mxz for 600 so you should be able to at least get the same from a 583.

·
Registered
232 Posts
BskidooC said:
The 583 was the most bullet proof liquid cooled engine ever put in a sled imho. I would pay more than 200 for just the running engine, no sled. So yeah, buy it.
next to the indy 500 (fugi 488)

·
Registered
564 Posts
This is true both of those motor have stood the test of time, and the merciless beatings throughout the years. Those are two motors that I would back fully.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 580's in the ski doos are really good motors. have a good amount of power and fairly reliable.For 200 thats a really good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts