Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im going to be heading to around Laramie, WY this in a couple days and will be bringing my 95 RXL (fuel injected triple), which is mostly bone stock except changed the upper gear to get out of the hole a little quicker. Taken from a website, my track length is around 106.25 (live in Iowa so its set up for field riding- studs and 1 lugs). I just now found out I was going and will be leaving tommorrow night- no time to change anything. What Im wondering is besides track length, what would be things I could do to make it a better mountain sled. I shouldnt have to change jets or anything due to having a computer. What about clutch weights? I guess my main question is will my sled be alright as long as I stick to riding trails only? Im mostly a ditch rider, so figured I would take the opportunity to do some "real" riding. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
You should be fine(not sure about your track length are u talking about like the whole length of track or the distance from front of track to back?). Anyways if you stick to trails you will be fine,just a little bit more up and down, nothing that sled couldnt handle.I was just driving my indy and i was boondocking off trails and it handled fine, just make sure that you can get back on the trial lol!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! thats kind of what I was looking for. Should be a good time and everybody im going with has big ol' mountain sled with long tracks and big lugs. should be interesting Im sure.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
ya you might want to stick to the trails as the snowies just got dumped on last week with over 4 feet of snow. im sure its all tracked up but getting that thing stuck will be very easy to do right now.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It will be fine as long as you stay on the trails(a bit on the heavy side). I had the same sled a few years back and am pretty sure it was a 121" track.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
121, you could be right. I took the info some some website. I told the boys I will be sticking to the trails, and of course maning the video camera. Maybe next year I'll have something different to ride-

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
maybe lighter clutch weights for better performance

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
it came stock with a 121, unless they made an SKS RXL, then it could have a 133.5

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just thought I would post an update, the RXL held up nicely!! I was able to play around in the powder, as well as climb some decent hills... it was a good time. Ran a little wierd though with the high altitude, but didnt change anything and had a blast!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear it went well for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts