Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend jordan picked up a 95 rxl last year for 500 bucks. He rode it the whole year as is. This year he decided he was going to re do it to make it his.

BEFORE

2010103214756164_21898.jpg

2010103214755414_21898.jpg

2010103214754554_21898.jpg

AFTER

2010103214322789_21898.jpg

201010321438195_21898.jpg

Its not completely done yet. We still need to put on a taillight and [email protected] blue and white pro skis. He has a DG can on it and wow this thing is LOUD!! She screams. I keep telling him if Satin had a sled he would ride one just like this. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Nice![thumb] The new ski's will definitely help a LOT, metal skis are just plain horrible.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. he picked up a set of the C&A pro skis for 50 bucks. it will help the sled and finish off the look.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
MuscleD said:
Agreed. he picked up a set of the C&A pro skis for 50 bucks. it will help the sled and finish off the look.
$50???[eek2] wish i could find some for that cheap.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'd like to know what's so horrible about metal skis. I've ridden with both metal and plastic skis and I've found the metal skis better myself. I guess it depends on conditions and the type of plastic skis. The two different types of plastic skis I've tried just didn't like to turn the way the metal skis do.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If i dont get my rxl sold, i like that flat black of everything. i want to know how he did the tank seat combo and what tank and seat did he use. Ive got a complete extra 12 front and rear, as well as a complete front and rear extra 10 also. Just gave me ideas. I love the look, mines a 95 with aaen pipes,clutched and geared and the custom chip for the ecu. I see deffinate possibilities.

·
Registered
392 Posts
jake.parker said:
i like the new Polaris seat on the rxl, it looks sweet
Agreed, that seat swap looks sweet. I'm not a big fan of the paint job but the seat and fuel tank swap looks great.
What's the capacity of that tank? Did he check how much the weight difference was between the old seat and the new?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baldur said:
I'd like to know what's so horrible about metal skis. I've ridden with both metal and plastic skis and I've found the metal skis better myself. I guess it depends on conditions and the type of plastic skis. The two different types of plastic skis I've tried just didn't like to turn the way the metal skis do.
There lighter and easier to turn. Especially on the heavier sleds. I think they look better.

baldur said:
jake.parker said:
i like the new Polaris seat on the rxl, it looks sweet
Agreed, that seat swap looks sweet. I'm not a big fan of the paint job but the seat and fuel tank swap looks great.
What's the capacity of that tank? Did he check how much the weight difference was between the old seat and the new?
It's a fusion tank so what ever a fusion capacity is. And the seat it from a newer one I think a rmk but not sure. It's lighter than the old but not by much because if you look closely we had to build a box to clear the cooling hoses on the top of the tunnel. If it wasn't for that box it would be way lighter than stock.

BrianLee said:
If i dont get my rxl sold, i like that flat black of everything. i want to know how he did the tank seat combo and what tank and seat did he use. Ive got a complete extra 12 front and rear, as well as a complete front and rear extra 10 also. Just gave me ideas. I love the look, mines a 95 with aaen pipes,clutched and geared and the custom chip for the ecu. I see deffinate possibilities.
We had to build a box to clear the cooling hoses and the seat and tank sits on that. The biggest problem we had was getting fuel out of the tank. We tryed the original hose hook ups and that needs power I'm guessing cuz it just wasn't working. Not sure exactly what it does. So we took the gas line and the other hose fitting and put them on the new tank. Drilled the right size holes and put the plugs in. We used gas line sealer too so it won't leak. It worked after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts