Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the twins need new track clips and I was wondering if theres a tool for removing the old ones. I bought the instalation tool but I never thought about the removal of the old ones. Any help would be appricated.

GIVER!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have never done it myself, but I think I read somewhere about using a Du-mor (small high speed air grinder) or a Drumell tool to grind them off. I've got a small cut-off wheel on an arbour that fits into a Du-mor; I figure something like that would probably work.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I heard the same about the small cut off disc with a high rpm tool like a dremell.
I need a few new clips on my 94 safari, how are you going to put them on????

they still make safaris in 95?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a track clip tool from Royal Distributing on Saterday at the show I think it was about $50 bucks. I got started taking some of the clips off before dinner tonight. Just using a pair of vise grips and a large standard screwdriver they come off pretty easy once you get with the program.

GIVER!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just redid my 94 safari track. it took me one hour to remove all the clips with a 4" high speed grinder & screwdriver. i replaced the clips all in about two hours with a track-clip-tool i rented from a local parts store for $10/day. i also had to put on new hifax & drive sprockets. total cost for job $230 us

snow's c'ming

1 - 5 of 5 Posts