Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I have a 95 xcr600 that I put slp pipes on. I have installed 10MW weights in the clutch with the stock blue spring, the secondary is stock with the red spring in #2 hole and the 34 helix. My problem is that I have a huge bog if I pin it out of the hole, it will almost die I let off and it takes off. If I hold it it will spin up to 9500 and hold there. If I get into loose snow or powder it seems to slow down drastically, while on harder snow it will pull up to 100 or so. I would like to lower the rpms closer to 8500 because I just put the motor back together and I don't want to have to do it again to soon. I am planning to put a black slp spring in the secondary and a helix but i'm not sure which one, I was looking at a 42/32 or a 42/36/34. Not sure if this will help my problems or make them worse, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
770 Posts
You are pulling WAY too many RPM's... That engine should be spinning max of 9000, maybe 9100. I'm in the same boat you are though... I can't find any reliable clutching base lines for my 97 XC 600

·
Registered
110 Posts
i had a xlt with slp pipes. i am at 700ft i dont know what you are at but if you are in the low elevition this is what i had and it worked very good. keep the 10MW weights they are your friend. you had a dark or light blue in the primary? and how old is it? it could be worn. i ran a almond round. stock 34 helix is no good you want a polaris 42/34 or the 42/36/34 that is what i ran and i liked it more then the 42/34. it is better t run polaris helixes slp are coated and they tend to act steeper then they are. for a secodary spring i ran a polaris silver blue in the 3rd hole and it topped out at 9000rpm after i got mine all in tune it had no bog at all. nobody beleaved me that it was a xlt it ran so good. oh ya and i found if you run a aftermarket belt it tends to run at a higher rpm, i ran the xcr belt that was a top cog # 3211066

1 - 3 of 3 Posts