Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just installed a sno stuff can on my xcr 600 with xlt triple with the air box eliminated added screens and it sounds like shit im very disappointed in it do i nead to jett the carbs and should i use air box or what should i do? i want that zing sound and all i get is a stock quiet sound please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Gut the air box of all foam and open the plastic divider to a larger hole. Can't help you as far as the can. Are you looking for a different sound? The best you can do is to tune the sled by the looks of the plugs & piston wash. Get it clutched and geared to maximize the power band. Usually a change in the can won't make much difference performance wise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
alright i work with dirtridertwo on this snowmobile. the first time he ran it with the sno stuff can on it it had almost the sound the can has that we have seen on youtube videos. since then the sound of the can on the sled has changed. it sounds more bogged down like something is wrong. do you have to rejet with sno stuff can? what are we doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Possible mouse nest in can during storage? If not, check/clean carbs, sync, compression, etc.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REJET FOR A CAN

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at first my plugs were good and tan now one is wet but has spark and other two are still tan what is going on also when i pull one plug wire at a time when running it has no difference on the plug that is kinda wet but when pull on the ones that are tan it will stumble but when plugs are all out thay all spark wtf is going on ? possible coil? or ?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hey bra, sounds like you should do a good carb cleaning. dude it sounds like you might have a choke plunger sticking and that is not a rad thing.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
make sure you can remove the choke plungers. it very common for them to seize in the carb body over summer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
start with 3 new plugs gapped properly! once you put the carbs back on!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
And put the air box back on, cold air make more power than hot

·
Registered
105 Posts
have you confirmed the choke plunger is working and not sticking?? I ran thru this problem last last season, drove me nuts till I found 1 carb the plunger was sticking. make sure you clean them good and they move freely

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya thay move good is there an adjustmet i should go by i just got this sled over summer befor it i had an 1997 ultra spx 680 and never had this kind of problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will i just put on a used coil and my sled is back to life and that sno stuff rumble pack sounds amazing thanks for the help every one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts