Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last season a tree and I had a bit of a disagreement... of course, I lost...

This year, I was planning on rebuilding, so I purchased a lot of parts from ebay and other sources. Just recently, I decided that just dropping my engine into a new chassis would be simpler and cheaper...

I think that with all the parts that I bought, all the parts from the wrecked '95, and the chassis of the '92, I should have a pretty good sled when I'm done... and have parts left over for the next time I leave my brain in my other pants.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Looks like a nice RXL..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cool project.. keep posting pics along the way.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bigwilly, I would really love to... but as 88400 states... it's just a chassis. I just picked it up today from a guy in Minnesota for $500.00. He blew up the fuel injected engine last season, tore it all apart, sold off the parts he could, and was left with the chassis. Today, I drove away from his house with the sled, an extra pair of skis (with skins and carbides), what was left of the engine block with crank and rods, drive clutch, one of the cylinders with the head, a water pump, some exhaust parts, and a 3/4" track all for $575.00. The rear suspension is an Xtra 10 from a '98 and the shocks look like they've been serviced recently... it's really very clean... except the engine compartment. I've got a bit of work to do, but then again, I have some time to get it done... I don't think it's going to snow really soon... unfortuantely :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts