Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The ripsaw and hacksaw by Camoplast are good tracks. If you are going to run studs the hacksaw (1 inch lugs) will be a better choice because the longer the lug, the longer the stud has to be to be effective. The ripsaw has 1.25 and 1.5 inch lugs, IMO you won't need the 1.5 on the trail and the 1.25 doesn't really need studs.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I run 1.25 on my 95 xcr, with that there almost NO room for studs. Also, to run a camoplast, either hacksaw or ripsaw, you will have to remove your tunnel gaurds. this in turn makes virgin soil for the studs, to mate with your seat. You can run underdrives, 8 tooth drive, compared to your sock 9 tooth, but in the end, you still have to remove protectors. the hacksaw comes pre drilled, so if you want studs, that would be my pick, but we went from studded tracks to not studded "saws", and there is a tremendous amount of bite with these, IMO, you wont be longing for studs, good luck

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I would get a predator track, cheaper and just as good. I don't think you can fit over a .91 lug on the xcr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.