Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 95 XLT 600 Tripple that was bored 60 over. It has not been rejetted. He took the carbs off and he cleaned everything and adjusted the floats. Put the carbs back on and sense then it has a bog from idel till about 1/4 throttle. He said he moved the needle clips down one notch wich brought the needle up and seem to help a little but the bog is still there. This is with the belt off and even with it on it still does it. I have been racking my brain on this and all I can think it would be is the pilot jet is plugged again. Carb's are synced and air/fuel 1 turn out from seat. What do you all think?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Clips don't effect the bottom end, that's the idle screws and pilot jets.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would have to say the pilot jets are plugged and/or the carbs are out of sync. Also make sure the chokes aren't stuck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The needles do control a lot of your low end and mid range (3,500 to 6,000 RPM roughly). If he moved his clips down towards the tip of the needle he richened the fuel air mixture. A bog is usually a symptom of a rich fuel air mixture. Have him try back to the middle, during warmer weather run one more up. This is called dropping the needle since it now runs deaper into the main jet.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I would have to say do a search on this topic. It comes up every year. The XLT's are notorious for this low end bog. Lemme' guess it runs like a raped ape right after the bog clears up right?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
triplepleasure said:
I would have to say do a search on this topic. It comes up every year. The XLT's are notorious for this low end bog. Lemme' guess it runs like a raped ape right after the bog clears up right?
[thumb] Thats what i was thinking that the pilot jet may be plugged and to rich of a needle setting.
Going to go over to his place this weekend and see if I can straiten it out for him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts