Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to solve an ongoing problem w/ my buddies 1995 zr580. After 5 mins of running, we loose power and can only putter around at 20-30 mph. We have verified compression is good on both heads (125 on both) and we are getting spark. It almost acts as if you blow a plug. I'm getting a bit stumped on this and would like to try and solve this problem. I have also read somewhere about the clutch, however, I thought this problem would be present right at the get go.
If anyone has any ideas, please drop me a line.
Chris

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My brother SKS-Rider had problems like that with his old 1995 ZR 580. We couldnt figure out what was wrong either so we brought it in to a dealership and it was a clutch problem.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I would say give the carbs a good cleaning and check to make sure your floats are working properly.

Also while you are at it, check to make sure the fuel pump is working.

When the gas line is off the carb, pull it over and see if gas comes out.

It almost sounds like you are draining the bowl and not getting enough gas to run it at higher RPM's.

I haven't experience the clutch problem yet so I can't give any advice as far as that. However, I say start cheap and work your way up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I seen a guy tow his sled to the truck one day only to find it was a simple problem with his,the pulse line off the crankcase had a hole init,he would run down the trail for a bit then it would quit,until it siphoned the carbs full again,if you hold the throttle right to the bar does it go?,that could meana plugging pilot jet,fuel running out the over flows?,any fuel in the carb when it dies,check the pipes for a cool side when it isnt running properly to tell you the problem side

1 - 4 of 4 Posts